Foundation of The Korean Friendship Association
The Korean Friendship Association (KFA) was founded on November of the year 2000 with the purpose of building international ties with the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. It has members from 120 countries.
The KFA has full recognition from the Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and is the world-wide leading organization of its supporters. It has offices in DPR Korea, Spain, Norway and Thailand.
The Korean Friendship Association USA (KFAUSA) as part of the leading organization of DPRK friends and supporters is deeply committed to promoting cultural exchange as well as diplomatic and economic cooperation between the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and the United States.
With full recognition by the DPRK government, we aim to show the reality of People’s Korea in the interests of peace, engagement, and solidarity, giving American audiences access to information and audiovisual content rarely found in traditional media.
The main objectives of the KFA are:
- Show the reality of the DPR Korea to the world
- Defend the independence and socialist construction in the DPR of Korea
- Learn from the culture and history of the Korean People – Work for the peaceful unification of the Korean peninsula
The Korean Friendship Association (KFA) receives official information from Pyongyang and has contacts with all authorities of the D.P.R. of Korea. This situation allow us to develop activities in the following areas:
- Public Expositions of the D.P.R.K. (pictures, books, music…)
- Conferences and meetings about the Korean history, society and other aspects.
- Information and consulting in diplomacy and business.
- Radio, T.V. and other media programs.
- Cultural Exchange with different countries.
- Link contact with associations/companies/individuals interested in North Korea.